Saturday, August 3, 2019

Proverbs: God’s Commands


  • Proverbs 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; 3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. 
  • Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: 2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. 
  • Proverbs 4:1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. 2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. 3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. 4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live. 
  • Proverbs 6:20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: 21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck. 22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. 23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: 24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. 
  • Proverbs 7:1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. 2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. 3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart. 4 Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman: 
  • Proverbs 13:13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded. 
  • Proverbs 13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death. 
  • Proverbs 19:16 He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die. 
  • Proverbs 28:4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them. 
  • Proverbs 28:7 Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father. 
  • Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. 
  • Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

#Commands

No comments:

Post a Comment