Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Psalm 33


Psalm 33:16‐21 (NIV): “No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.  A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.  But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.  We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.  In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.”  
    
One of the greatest vulnerabilities of Christians today is to approach career, struggles, and objectives out of their own strength – not relying on or trusting in God as the source of their success.  Trusting God does not relieve you of the responsibility of doing your best.  Trusting God and doing your best are two different issues.  2 Timothy 2:15 says, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”  God calls you to do your best and be capable in what you are doing, but your underlying position is to be called, led, equipped, sustained, and empowered by God.  Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me.”  

As a follower of Christ, you must always remember that it is not by your power, equipping, and tools that you succeed.  True success is found only through the Lord.  Your job is to keep your eyes on the Lord.  No matter how difficult or impossible the challenge, your hope is in God and not the circumstances.  Christ has secured your place for eternity; your place now is to be used by Him for His purposes.  1 Corinthians 15:57 says, “But thanks be to God!  He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”  God wants to pour His life into you each day.  Do not be an obstacle for His in‐pouring by relying on yourself and not Him.  It is in your moments of greatest need that God is closest.  Draw into Him and allow Him to pour into you!

2 Corinthians 12:9: “But He [Jesus] said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment